Thank you so much for booking your appointment with GorgeousGLO. We’re thrilled to have you! We’ve included a few helpful hints below to ensure you enjoy the best experience possible. Please don’t hesitate to call us with any additional questions…
- Our blowouts are expertly styled and typically last anywhere from 2-4 days on most hair types.
- Make your blowout last by using dry shampoo! Bumble & bumble offers a selection of dry shampoos… Ask your stylist to make a recommendation to best suit your hair.
- If you have an appointment for an updo, day-old, slightly “dirty” hair tends to hold best for any style requiring bobby pins to hold it in place.
- ALL waxing services should be at least 48 hours before your spray tan
- ALL exfoliating treatments (pedicure, manicure) should be prior to the day before your spray tan. If you must have these on the same day, request that no lotion on hands, legs and arms. Polish changes before your event or the day after your spray are okay.
- Please don’t use shaving cream with your razor the day you get sprayed (shaving creams include gels that can remain on your legs).
- When shaving before your spray, don’t use a razor that moisturizes as it shaves (this will deposit cream or oil on your skin, which is a no-no).
- When exfoliating in the shower, don’t use a sugar/salt scrub or a loofah UNLESS you wait 24 hours to get sprayed (all of these change the pH balance of your skin – your pH balance needs to remain fairly even for best results).
- Make sure there is no lotion or oil on your skin the day of your spray tan.
- Please don’t wear deodorant the day you get sprayed.
- You may be sprayed in whatever makes you comfortable, we are fine with women wearing a lot, a little, or nothing at all. We will provide a disposable thong for your use.
- Please don’t apply deodorant again until the day after your spray tan.
- Regular spray tans take 8-10 hours to fully develop. Please plan on staying cool and dry during that time… This means no working out, sweating or getting wet! Rapid development tans can be showered off in 1-6 hours depending on the level of color you wish to achieve. Ask us about the right solution for you!
- When you leaving GorgeousGLO you will want to wear loose, dark clothing with either flip flops or sandals. Think about the weather when choosing your “after- spray tan” attire. If there is a chance of rain you will have less chance of any issues if you are covered completely.
- Please don’t wear denim as you leave the salon, as it is abrasive and can wear lines in your tan. After your first shower, wearing denim is fine.
- When you take your first post-tanning shower it will look like your tan is washing away. Our tan solutions have a topical cosmetic bronzer, which is what you see washing off. Don’t worry, your tan will be beautifully intact!
- After post-tan showing moisturize at least once a day (twice is even better!). This helps your tan last as long as possible (generally our tans are last 7-10 days).
- If going on vacation, please remember to use sunscreen! Our tans do not provide any sun protection. Please refrain from using spray sun screens as sprays tend to dry the tan out, and may cause it to wear unevenly.
- Please avoid chlorine to keep your tan in peak shape… salt water is fine. If you decide to go into a chlorinated pool, please go completely in, so that all parts of you are exposed to the chlorine (not just legs, for instance…you can imagine what it might look like when you have been submerged for an hour in a bleaching agent only up to your knees!).
- An initial eyelash extension appointment takes 2.5 to 3 hours
- Please arrive with no eye makeup on
- After your appointment you will need to keep your eyes dry for 48 hours
- It is best to generally avoid wearing mascara while eyelash extensions are worn unless absolutely necessary. However, if you do need to wear it make sure to use only approved water based mascara.
- Eyelash extensions should be filled every 2 to 3 weeks to maintain full desired appearance.
Gorgeous GLO Xpress Blowouts
- Please arrive for your appointment with clean, wet hair and we will take it from there!
- Your appointment will last roughly 30 minutes.
Enjoy! And let us know if you have any other questions.